Thorne - Meriva 500-SF
Thorne - Meriva 500-SF
Meriva® – the most clinically studied curcumin on the market
- Provides relief from occasional aches and soreness*
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response in muscle, joints and throughout the body*
- Provides antioxidant support*
- Exclusive soy-free version of the best-in-class, most clinically studied curcumin formulation, Meriva, made with phytosome technology to ensure more efficient absorption
- Meriva 500-SF can help maintain a healthy balance of cytokines in the body*
- Meriva 500-SF provides antioxidant support*
- Meriva 500-SF can provide relief from occasional stiffness and soreness*
- Research suggests Meriva 500-SF can provide support for joint, muscle, eye, GI tract, liver, prostate, and nerve health*
- Research suggests Meriva 500-SF can provide nutritional support to oncology patients*
Meriva 500-SF is a unique, patented curcumin product. People throughout Asia have benefited from the healthful effects of curcumin for centuries. Curcumin is the orange pigment in turmeric (the primary ingredient in curry), and is an antioxidant that offers numerous health benefits, including supporting joint health and hepatic, GI, and cardiovascular function, by helping to maintain the body's normal inflammatory response through optimization of cytokine production.*
Whether taken as a supplement or from food, curcumin is generally poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. In conjunction with Indena S.p.A., the worldwide experts in botanical extract technology, Thorne Research has uncovered the key to curcumin absorption – phytosome technology. Meriva curcumin phytosome is a unique curcumin extract that is significantly better absorbed than other curcumin extracts.*
Phytosomes are plant extracts bound to phospholipids (from sunflower oil in the case of Meriva 500-SF), essential components of human cells. Although the body does make phospholipids (such as phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine), phospholipids can also be obtained from food or nutritional supplements. When taken orally, phospholipids are very well absorbed. The scientists at Indena found a way to attach a curcumin extract to phospholipids obtained from sunflower oil for optimal absorption, resulting in Meriva 500-SF. With Meriva 500-SF, the body readily absorbs the phospholipid with the attached curcumin, which results in more curcumin reaching the body’s cells that can benefit from it.*
Meriva 500-SF (SF814N) is NSF Certified for Sport®
Two Capsules Contain:
Curcumin Phytosome* (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex from Sunflower) 1 g
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, CalciumCitrateLaurate, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
*This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Meriva is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.